Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Battle

I had a tough day with my thoughts after writing the post this afternoon. And my son had a rough night; he texted and said he was sad. No details, so I am just left knowing what I do know and not being able to help him. It's hard being a mom to an adult child because there is only so much that can be done. Hugs and kisses don't work like they used to and the miles apart make it impossible even if it did. Of course, I would drive to see him if I actually thought it would help! 

I have been thinking about Noah today. A great victory and then something terrible. I feel like that. Getting a new Pastor, working through things and making a very personal decision, and now making the blog. But wow! I know it happens but I really didn't expect to be attacked so fast within myself and with my son. Satan sure wants to mess with us!

I am so thankful for God's faithfulness even though right now I am in disbelief it's started so fast to be a struggle. Sometimes I think that makes it even harder. We don't expect things at certain times and they seem worse than maybe they are. 

I am going back to Jeremiah 29:11. I have to. God is working. I can't see it again but I know he is....

And as many issues as I have had with getting this post completed... I know this is a spiritual battle!!!!

So, since it no longer the same day, I am going to do what God has said:

Psalm 127:2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he give to his beloved sleep. 

The issues I have had this afternoon might be back, they might be okay. But I know I am the "beloved" and staying awake will not change one thing except make me unable to handle the day ahead of me. God is in control and I am going to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment