Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Be Still and Know That I Am God

I’m sorry you feel like everything around you is falling apart.  I know your big heart is hurting because of the decisions you have made, your loved ones have made, and just those around you have made.  I would never tell you any of those things aren't real issues.  People struggle with things and it shows up in other people’s lives as well as our own.

So, what can I say? I would love it if I really was able to fix all your problems with the words I say! I would talk your ear off if that was the case.  I can listen and I always want to.  I can pray and often do. 

But I still cant change anything because this doesn't have anything to do with me really. L

So what now? Sometimes we can’t change our situations or won’t change them.

Worst post ever!

I have no solution?  No hope??

Life is crazy!  There is no doubt about that, but sometimes we just don’t stop.  Life is crazy, so we work a little “crazy” for a while thinking it will help, but then something else comes up and makes life crazy, so we make ourselves crazy trying to un-crazy our lives…  Huh?

So, you are feeling overwhelmed.  Your faith has been shaken.  And you're tired of “it all”.

Today we are just going to stop.  We are going to my next favorite verse! J

Psalm 46:10a Be still and know that I am God.

It makes me calm just typing it. A big, deep breath, a smile, and God, that’s what I get out of that verse.

Did I always?  No.  Will you stop for a second and get that?  No.  I can actually hear you say, “Okay, I did it; now what?”  Well, it doesn't work that way, as much as you want it to.  I know you want to get back to your busy, crazy day and try to fix something….  But just stop for a few minutes and think about that verse. 

God isn't telling us all our troubles will go away because we stop, read his Bible, go to church… or anything else.

He said, “Be still”.   I don’t think he meant stop moving and squeeze him into the day so you can mark it off.  I think he said, “Be still AND know I am God”.  Those are very different things.  Know that He is God!  God can do anything! He controls the universe. He does EVERYTHING. Know that he is God.  Think about what he is saying:

I am God.

I am not trying to be flippant about this but do we know that? Compare all that you are doing or going through to Him… it isn't an even comparison.  And I know you know that.  And stopping for a few minutes changes everything??? NOPE!

Stopping isn't for Him.  Stopping doesn't make His day better… it makes your day better. Stopping helps you to focus. 


In other words, my dear friend, He is asking you, do you know who you are talking to and what I am capable of?

Stop for a moment.  Surrender what you know to do to fix it, surrender holding onto the thoughts in your head and tell him, I can’t do this.  Help me. Think about Him during the craziness… talk to Him like you would talk to your best friend and realize that yes, its just about that…

Be still and know that I am God.

Yes, you will have crazy left in your life, but God will be what helps you deal with the craziness.  And we all need someone on our side, who better than the Lord!










No comments:

Post a Comment