Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

God Is With Me

When my alarm went off this morning my very first thought today was, Hebrews 13:5 “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee”.  I LOVE when the first thing that goes through my head when I wake up is scripture!

That verse got me thinking right away how wonderful it is that God is ever faithful to stay with us ALWAYS. What a wonderful thought!  Then, I thought about the day I got saved and the next verse that came to my mind was, John 10:29 “My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand”.

With all the issues and struggles we face on a daily basis, I think we really need to stop and think about our salvation.  There is so much hope in Jesus Christ!  I know even as a stay at home mom, that I am busy, so busy I forget that this is all temporary.  Think about all the things you have to deal with in just one day… The Lord would love to have you thinking about Him while you are going through all that.  And I know that if your mind is on Him, at the very least your day will be spent with Him.

I really believe that God knows how crazy our days can be and that we will be noticing everything around us that needs attention.  Let’s face it; it is what we HAVE to do.  We need to work, take care of children, clean, cook, take care of other people, and many other things; whatever your day holds most of it is necessary things just to “get by”.   But God told us, Colossians 3:2 “Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth”.  We have to do this on purpose, but think about the Lord Jesus Christ during everything you need to do. 

I know I put in a lot of scripture today, but my heart has been troubled lately and although I have been able to talk with my husband and that is good, he isn't home all the time with me nor even if he was could he possible handle all that goes through my head and he wouldn't want to!! But the Lord, He listens to it all!!  And not only that but I hear back from the Holy Spirit, just like all those verses I wrote today.

God is real.  He is.  He is everything I need.  Sometimes I just need to be reminded that he will never leave me and that nothing anyone on earth or in heaven can do to change that.  And often, I need to be reminded that I need to set my eyes upon Him and see things from an eternal perspective rather than the worldly one that surrounds me.

I have NO idea what my day holds, I know what I have planned and what I think it holds but really I cannot know what it will actually be.  But with God always with me and my thoughts on things above, my days go better.

 I am so grateful to have such a kind and loving God who cares about me knowing these things!



                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment