Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Matthew 7:7-11

Matthew 7:7-11
 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

As I was reading my bible today, these verses stood out.  I have some things that I need. Some things are real, physical needs: food, water, clothing, and shelter.  Some things aren't material, but needs none the less: pure heart, godly thoughts, change of heart, love, kind words, wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.

God clearly states in Matthew that I need to ask Him and He will give me “good things”.

My thoughts are simple today…


Sometimes I just forget to ask Him.

Did you ask today?

No comments:

Post a Comment