Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Seeing Things As They Are?

“Seeing things as they are” doesn't sound too difficult, does it?

We are right there. We are going through the time, situation, and interacting with people.  So, why is it that we see things only as we do and not as they are? I’m not saying we never see things clearly, but I am just thinking about the times I thought I so clearly had something figured out and then later wondered why I didn't see that, understand it, or believe it.

I feel like I have been parked there a lot lately…

My friend, we cannot be accountable for what people do, what people say, or how they seem one way and turn out differently; we can only be accountable for ourselves.

I am going to be honest, my faith has been shaken.  I needed and still need time to work though things that I didn't do but that have made me wonder…. Where do I stand in my Christian life now?  What does it all mean? How do I process all this??  What in the world is going on???

I have done one really important thing since I have been questioning “my state, my spirituality” or whatever it can be called.
The important thing is seeking God.  I have first, before anything else, have been saying, “God, I don’t know how to take all this in.  I know you are real but I don’t know if I know what’s real in my life”.

It doesn't matter what people are doing, have done in the past, or will do in the future.  People are sinful, plain and simple. 

God is the ONLY one that can be fully trusted. 
God is the ONLY one that can be believed.
God is the ONLY one that loves unconditionally.
God is the ONLY one that is never wrong.

When the doubts of your Christian walk come up, whether it is because of you or someone else, go back to God. 
Part of me, quite honestly, wanted to leave.  What is the point of all this I wondered.  Who cares?? Does ANY of “this” matter??

Well, the answer is yes.  Yes, it does matter.  My spiritual side got knocked like you wouldn't believe, but I still know that God is very real and it does matter to HIM. It matters very much to God that I keep going.

There isn't anything wrong with me.  Maybe my “spiritual” state isn't where I would like it to be, hoped it would be by now, or whatever.

But I realized something big!!  

THERE ISN'T ANYTHING WRONG WITH ME!!!!! 

Sure, I am a sinner; I will never measure up to Jesus, but hmmm  I don’t think God ever said I had to.  Yes, I should be more Christ like as time goes on, but for years I kept wondering what’s wrong with me. And I believe the answer is nothing.  I have been struggling but that’s okay. 

The fact that I keep TRYING to meet with God, attend church, read my Bible, and anything else I am doing, is not wrong.

The fact that I am struggling is NOT WRONG.

The thing that will be wrong is for me to turn my back on God because of what people do!!!

I can never, never say God hasn't been good because of what people have done.  I have thought it, but I can’t really say that because it just isn't true!



Psalm 9:9-10 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.


No comments:

Post a Comment