Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Eli

1Samuel 3:18b It is the Lord: let him do what seemeth him good

The other day my daughter and I were working in her Bible workbook and we read many verses , but that one stood out to me.

What an incredible faith!  Eli had just heard, from a young boy named Samuel, the judgment of God upon his family because of his lack of leading!  And yet he said, “let him do what seemeth him good”.

 I would love to say that I follow God completely and that if I was told something was going to happen that I would just accept it willingly in the blink of an eye, even if it didn't sound good to me.

I think we all can have moments of faith that just knock the socks off of people (even ourselves), but I think that we often don’t give ourselves “enough credit” for just doing normal things.

You know it takes faith to stay married, train kids, go to church, tell people about Christ, and the list is endless.  What would take a huge amount of faith for one person might be pretty simple for another. 

I am sure Eli didn't like what he heard, but knowing what he knew about God  led him to believe that even hearing that news, he thought God still knew what was good.

Our faith will be tested, often.  Our faith will be tried by God.  Sometimes we will hear things we don’t want to hear.  But…
Luke 18:19b none is good, save one, that is, God.

Throughout all our days, we need to keep trying to lean on the Lord no matter what it looks like because He cares and knows what is coming next, something we will never be able to do.  This is the basic truth of fatih; trust He knows best.  Not always easy, not always done, but something we need to keep trying.

So, today is a simple reminder that no matter what things look like for us even during our difficult times, God is still watching over us, cares, and is doing something good.






No comments:

Post a Comment