Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Understanding

I am beginning to understand.

I get so frustrated with myself for failing over and over.  Today as I was listening and reading my Bible, or trying to, I had some thoughts go through my head… not good ones either!  I would like to say it was the list of “to do’s” I had, but in fact it just wasn't nice thoughts, period.  And it’s not just this one time, or this one thing…it’s the fact I do it over and over and shouldn't I be better?

I stopped my Bible reading program and thanked God.  Seems really silly to stop and thank Him at that time, doesn't it?  Yes, but really NO.  It is horrible I have thoughts other than God even while reading my Bible, but it certainly there isn't a bad time to stop and tell God thank you.

I am beginning to understand that I REALLY do need him ALL THE TIME.   I don’t want to admit I am THAT bad.  Truth is I will always fall short (way short) of where God is at.  That’s why Jesus had to die.  Simple enough…for us!  Remember when you are “beating yourself up again” that is exactly why we need Him.

In Revelation 12:10 Satan is referred to as the “accuser of our brethren”.  I don’t think we make it too hard for him to accuse us!  Even our own thoughts are against God, our thoughts lead to our actions… and well, we give Satan free reign to accuse us.

BUT…and here is the good part!! JESUS paid it all already knowing we are sinful creatures!!

1Peter 3: 18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Colossians 1: 21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Ephesians 2: 13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

What a wonderful truth!! Even when I fail with my thoughts, I don’t have to wonder if God cares because Jesus’ death made it possible for me to have a right relationship with God the Father.  So, though I fail, rather than condemn myself, I need to be thankful for Jesus.

 It all comes down to what I am looking at, my hopeless state or my “hopeless” state knowing what Jesus did for ME.


Thank you for being and doing what no one else can!

No comments:

Post a Comment