Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Waking up on the Wrong Side of the Bed

It seems to me when I have something bothering me or have had an "off" day that when I go to sleep with it still bothering me, I wake up on the wrong side of the bed. That just happened....

Rather than going to bed with a negative spirit, it would have been in my best interest to stay up a little longer and confess my sin and make sure my heart was right with God. But, truthfully, I said a quick prayer and "hoped for the best" for tomorrow.

Every time we don't confess to God that our hearts are not right, we give the Devil a little place to start planting a gardens worth of "struggles".

Ephesians 4:26-27
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil.

1John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.


I know that I don't confess enough to God. I think I haven't done "too bad" and it's okay, but really I shouldn't be looking at it any other way besides God's way.  I will always fall short of Him and that's what it is really about.  
I don't need to do anything for my salvation because Jesus paid it all. I take that for granted. I know it, I believe it, but really I take it for granted so much that I don't do the simplest I things, like tell God I have done something against him. 

How foolish and prideful to think that we can just get by and not have our spirits affected. Just as I felt it before going to sleep and since I didn't do anything with it (besides a flippant prayer) it was still there this morning.


Rather than start off a few steps behind, we should start off with some searching of our hearts and begin anew so yesterday's bad attitude or issue won't be in the front of our minds. The "wrong side of the bed attitude" I had, was forced out by the word of God and confession. Now I am ready to begin a new day with it's new challenges, struggles, and blessings.  

God is faithful and just to cleanse me and I won't even take the time to realize how much I need him? Well, I did just that this morning. Rather then spend the day in the cranky state I woke up in, I spent extra time with God. 

I'm a so glad that HE is faithful and just!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment