Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Circling Back

Have you ever had the same sin come back time after time? That's where I am at again. I feel like I am in a loop and at some point in this circular pattern I jump on a hamster wheel and run around the same thing again and again. 

I have done that with this one thing that is bothering me now over and over again and don't feel like I can stop it...I certainly want it stopped but it seems to allude me and just when I think I got it, I am back there again. 

I think we are so easily distracted by our own desires or ways and easily get off track because of it. Although I find these times frustrating, I am so thankful that I can ask God to change me and I realize AGAIN just how much I need him. 

So, if I have to keep returning to the same issues over and over, I am willing to do it just so I realize how much I need him and see how easily I am drawn away. 

And do you know that we are all this way, repeating some sins over and over? 1 Corinthians 10:13a tells us, There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man. Being tempted is not a sin; what we do with our "issue" determines whether we are going to sin.  The thoughts of our hearts lead to sin. 

Just like many years ago when Noah was building the ark and the people's thoughts were continually evil, we have an escape by trusting in the Lord's promise that all our sins: past, present, and future are removed by the blood of Christ. 

Trusting in the Lord Jesus for salvation is a one time thing and most people understand that. What we fail to see is our sin nature is battling against us all the time even after salvation. That is a daily battle and one that salvation doesn't "fix".  So, here I am doing the thing(s) that I don't want to do.. Just like the great apostle Paul, but...

...what do we do? 

Rather than focus on the frustration of our sin nature, focus on Christ and tell God again how much you need Him. And remember that it isn't a one time thing but rather a daily surrender to the realization we are just as bad as our sin nature and that's why we need Christ in the first place. 


1John1:9
 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, 
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment