Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

One Word for 2014

I was reading a blog yesterday and this person said they have picked a word for the next year.  The word was creativity.  I have never picked a word for my new year but as I was lying in bed this morning praying, that blog post came to my mind.  I thought, at first, there are so many words…how could I pick one????  This other person’s word was a broad word and could be used in so many areas.

It, surprisingly, only took a moment for me to come up with my word.  I thought next, how would I make this “my word” for the year.  I don’t know, maybe I could write it on our school calendar, maybe our wipe-off board in the kitchen, maybe a background on my phone… I am sure I can find ways.

The next thought was, blog this! Certainly, I need a ray of sunshine on my blog!  I can tell the quick prayer that lead up to this decision and my word, which is simply, my son wasn’t able to find his hat and gloves before needing to leave for work this morning.  He had a hat and pair of gloves (he had to because it is about 1 degree right now) but it wasn’t the ones he wanted…the good pair.  As he walked out the door I said, “Dear God.  Please help me find his gloves right now”.  Now to say my son’s room is disorganized is an understatement because he has his entire dorm room’s worth of stuff in there since it came home with him during break and his room isn’t that big.  Anyway, I went in the room as he was going to his car, I moved one thing and there they were. (Yes, he got his “good” hat and gloves before he left) J

Since, it was so early (5:45), I decided to go back to bed, but during the time of getting back to bed (I was already outside and started the car and shoveled the walk, so I was changing back to just my pjs) I said thank you again to God; and then had a time that I realized just how unbelieving I am.  Something so simple as a pair of gloves are important to God; He showed me that by answering that pray so quickly, and yet I forget that He cares about me, what’s going on in my life, and that He is able to do anything, on a regular basis.  So, as I said, I now was lying there and my mind had already started, so I got up and started my post.

Next part of “my word” and post I thought would be to put my word in my Power Bible CD and see all the verses that come up… I was shocked there were NONE.  Hmmmm Well, that didn’t go according to plan.  Okay, fine.  Let’s shorten the word; got it! 


Psalm 92:4
For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work:
I will triumph in the works of thy hands.


Okay, so what is my word?

My word for 2014 is “triumph” or “triumphant”.

So, why triumph? I know my faults and I think that I am so focused on my faults, failures, and desires that I don’t “realize” what I have in Christ and who I am in Christ.  I lose my focus and when I do that, I am anything but triumphant! 

Can a word make a difference?  I’m sure it can.  I guess the truth of following through is yet to be seen.  We, I, will have to check back in one year and see how I did.  That’s a long time to wait, so what’s the plan for “now”…

Simply to start to think; think about what God has done so many times for me personally, remember what He has done for others around me, and just don’t stop believing who He is based on what I am experiencing around me. 

There is a great, big God very much involved in our lives but sometimes we (I) just forget His triumph.

Hebrews 10:23 
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; 
(for he is faithful that promised;)


No comments:

Post a Comment