Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

An Ordinary Triumph

So yesterday began day one of "triumphant", and well, nothing happened yesterday and I snapped at my daughter. And, of course, by "nothing happened" I mean I had an ordinary day at home and well, life in its everyday state is less than a triumph; and by "snapped" I mean, I sinned and tried to justify it.  So, naturally after that, I thought "triumphant, really? I am doing a great job so far!"  

But here is the focus, if I could be all that and succeed at being a great person then I wouldn't need Jesus. My goal of the word isn't for me to be triumphant so to speak but realize the blessing of trusting the One who already is triumphant. As the saying goes, I've read the end of the Book and I know how it ends. 

The bible clearly states that we are MORE than conquerors! But I have to tell you, on most days I feel like someone who has barely survived a battle. Not that my life is a war zone, as I have stated before I have a relatively calm, easy going life. But we all have that internal battle, some more than others but nevertheless it is there. 

So although I failed yesterday when I snapped at my daughter, the realization that the one event does not define my year already and I shouldn't give up is exactly my word, triumphant. Any time we overcome an obstacle whether big or small and truly accept the free gift of God of forgiveness, that exactly, right there, is a moment of triumph!!! 

I am not seeking fame or fortune as my triumph; I honestly couldn't care less about that. But my triumph yesterday was just realizing who He is and who I am... A person that is going to fail daily at being anything close to triumphant but still has that victory because God is good! 

So rather than throw in the towel and say this word for the year is stupid anyway. I am going to use my failure to see God's goodness instead. 

So, what about you? When you think about something that happened which was a less than perfect reaction, are your thoughts going to be:

Failure-yep, I never _______

OR


Triumphant: thank you Jesus for doing what only you could do and making me triumphant in what matters most, the realization of how much you are needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment